A Question We All Hate to Admit
 Page 1 of 1  [7 posts]   

Site Rank: Healthy BBF

Healthy BBF

Post subject: A Question We All Hate to Admit

Post Posted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 8:11 pm 

Do You Eat to Live, or Live to Eat :?: :?:

I'll admit it...I use to live to eat, but now I eat to live. It's been a little over a year now that I gave up my relationship with food. I don't want a relationship with food!! That gets me into trouble!! Like 50 pounds overweight in trouble. Food is nourishment for my body, to keep me alive and healthy... so I "can live". Living to eat eventually gets me into some serious issues down the road, in the form of excess pounds.

Healthy

Sponsored Ad

Post subject: A Question We All Hate to Admit

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 8:11 pm 

Site Rank: Site Admin

Site Admin

Post subject: Re: A Question We All Hate to Admit

Post Posted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 8:21 pm 

Hmm, this is a hard question! I want to say I eat to live, but sometimes I think I'm living to eat! Going out to eat with friends and family can be a social event. Lots of social events have food involved. I can also say I look forward to eating my meals each day. Sometimes I can't wait until the next meal!

With that said, I don't eat out of control. If I'm not hungry, I don't eat. Also I'll have some goodies here and there, but for the most part my diet is not that bad (at least I like to think so!). So I want to stick to my answer of I think I do a little bit of both! :)

Site Rank: Moderator

Post Posted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 8:40 pm 

I will be honest... I exercise to eat... not live to eat... I don't jeopardize my life for food, but I do workout more so that I'm not having to watch as much as I eat. I do get enjoyment out of food, but I control it; it doesn't control me!

Healthy BBF

Post Posted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 9:35 pm 

tammy wrote:
Going out to eat with friends and family can be a social event. Lots of social events have food involved.

I think that's what a lot of people deal with, the temptations and all you said about social events. It's a real temptation and downfall when you are around other people and they are all eating, so you give in and eat too, and eat some more, and then eat some more again, then regret it later. It's very easy to eat more than you want to when you're busy chatting at a social event. They always say before going to a social gathering where there is going to be lots of food, to eat something at home first that sticks with your diet, so when you get to the party, you won't go all nuts and eat too much.

Healthy BBF

Post Posted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 9:50 pm 

Y's Guy wrote:
I don't jeopardize my life for food, but I do workout more so that I'm not having to watch as much as I eat. I do get enjoyment out of food, but I control it; it doesn't control me!

That's a great attitude and concept you have incorporated into your lifestyle. Everyone on earth gets enjoyment out of food. We'd all be robots if we didn't. So, by not letting food control you, but not depriving yourself of some of your favorites either, and then making up the difference with exercise, gee, you just can't go wrong with a routine like that.

Site Rank: Healthy Acquaintance

Healthy Acquaintance

Post Posted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 7:20 pm 

I completely agree that food doesn't have to control you. I lived the majority of my life being controlled by food, and now that I don't allow that sort of control I have never been happier. I have become more in tune with when I'm full and when I'm hungry. And if I happen to be craving a treat, I do allow myself to indulge a little bit. The exercise I've incorporated in my life allows me to do so without feeling so guilty about it afterwards.

Site Rank: Healthy Friend

Healthy Friend

Post Posted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 11:22 pm 

This is a hard one. I enjoy good food and i really like eating, but i can control my eating and i can eat quite healthy... I think i'll do both. I eat most of the time healthy so eat to live, but every friday and saturday evening i just live to eat. :)

Sort by  

Page 1 of 1  [7 posts]