Sweet Tooth
 Page 1 of 1  [3 posts]   

Site Rank: Moderator

Post subject: Sweet Tooth

Post Posted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 12:57 am 

I've got a really bad sweet tooth. I have a really tough time only eating one or two pieces of candy if I have more. I can't have a candy jar on my desk, near where I'm sitting, or anywhere near me really. Peppermints, mini candy bars, dinner mints, butterscotch, it doesn't matter what it is.

Once I have that first piece of candy, it almost feels impossible not to get another piece immediately after each piece is gone. I can go through a bag of candy that most people would have sitting in their house for months in about an hour.

For the most part, I just stay away from the candy isles at stores. Pretty much everyone else who lives in my apartment complex is nearly twice my age though, and if there's one thing old people love to do, it's give you candy. lol

I can't have candy in the apartment. I've tried putting the candy on the other side of the apartment thinking I'd be too lazy to get up and get it, but I'll be darned if I don't just keep getting up, walking to the other side of the apartment, and getting one piece at a time.

I don't want to give up candy completely. I just want to be able to have a piece now and then. :drool:

Healthy

Sponsored Ad

Post subject: Sweet Tooth

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 12:57 am 

Site Rank: Site Admin

Site Admin

Post subject: Re: Sweet Tooth

Post Posted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 10:22 am 

One way to stop craving candy is to replace your sweets and sugar with fruits. The sugars in fruits are digested differently than the empty calories of white sugar that are in most candy and processed foods.

Maybe if you eat a lot of fruits this will help with your uncontrollable urge to eat the entire candy bag and you will naturally limit yourself to eating less.

I know I've been there before when I couldn't put a bag of candy down and I think what has helped me stop eating the entire bag is remembering the feeling I always had of feeling so sick from all of that sugar!

Site Rank: Moderator

Post subject: Re: Sweet Tooth

Post Posted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 11:55 am 

Why are you eating the candy? Once you realize why you are eating it, then you can control it. I too have that problem and my solution came when I realized I had a craving for sweets, but then kept eating it... After the craving was satisfied I ate it because I was bored... Emotional eating plays a heavy role in over-eating, especially comfort food like sweets. Take the candy out and regulate portion size before you want it... ziplock snack baggies can hold a good amount and if you regulate yourself, you can have some candy and make you think before you go for a second bag... Am I eating this because I really want sweets, or because I am bored!

Sort by  

Page 1 of 1  [3 posts]