Is Jamba Juice Healthy?
 Page 1 of 1  [5 posts]   

Site Rank: Site Admin

Site Admin

Post subject: Is Jamba Juice Healthy?

Post Posted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 3:04 pm 

When I was first introduced to Jamba Juice during my first year in college, I thought since it was considered healthy that meant I could have as many as I wanted a day... just for a snack. I remember getting at least 2 regular sized Jamba Juices a day on campus during college before and after basketball practice. While Jamba Juice is considered to be healthy, I found out later you should still limit yourself. While they are low in fat, they are still high in calories. One 16 ounce Jamba Juice can have anywhere from 400 to 700 calories in it. When I was eating 2 a day, that is 800 - 1400 calories a day just from my Jamba Juice.

Just keep in mind that while Jamba Juice can be a healthy alternative, you still need to pay attention to portion control. I recommend getting their smallest size when ordering a smoothie from Jamba Juice. That way you can still enjoy the smoothie and not worry about consuming too many calories at the same time.

Healthy

Sponsored Ad

Post subject: Is Jamba Juice Healthy?

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 3:04 pm 

Site Rank: Healthy Acquaintance

Healthy Acquaintance

Post subject: Re: Is Jamba Juice Healthy?

Post Posted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 12:58 pm 

I feel like this is such a common mistake! We think because a food is healthy that we can have unlimited amounts. But that is definitely not the case - even for the healthiest foods. Everything needs to be in a balanced proportion and you need to be in control of consumption. But this doesn't just go for Jamba Juice - While Burger King and Wendys etc are nothing close to healthy, there are options on the menu that are calorically low and better options. At McDonalds the yogurt parfait is only 160 calories. Just pay attention to what you are eating. Sometimes you can actually have more than you think, making for a pleasant surprise!

Site Rank: Site Admin

Site Admin

Post Posted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 6:25 pm 

Great points!!

Site Rank: Healthy Acquaintance

Healthy Acquaintance

Post Posted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 10:57 am 

If it is all fruit then they are healthier. There isn't much to add that isn't healthier when it comes to plain fruit drinks. The sugar may be added to enhance it though. I don't think they are healthier alone but they are a great source or all the benefits that fruits give.

Site Rank: Moderator

Post Posted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 1:10 am 

People think that if it's fruit, you can eat it in almost unlimited quantities. Fruit has lots of natural sugars, and those calories soon add up!

This is all moot to me, as Jamba Juice doesn't exist on this side of the pond!

Sort by  

Page 1 of 1  [5 posts]