Don't get discouraged with setbacks!
 Page 1 of 1  [2 posts]   

Site Rank: Moderator

Post subject: Don't get discouraged with setbacks!

Post Posted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 8:54 pm 

When you start working out or taking it to the next intensity level, there will be setbacks. You will be sore... there will be days you physically cannot raise to the next level. Take those days in stride. Still workout or even take a couple days off; it's better to taking some recovery time than to continue of an nagging injury that just keeps getting worse. Remember, you’re in this for the long haul so don't get discouraged and don't try to overdo it... listen to your body.

I was just complaining about my back and realized... I'm not superman... I'm gonna get sore... injured... have a headache... I'm not gonna get down on myself... I'll pick it up when I am able... now if I can just stay away from basketball for a month and let my finger heal from being jammed... yeah right!!!

Just thought I'd share some thoughts...

Peace out!

Healthy

Sponsored Ad

Post subject: Don't get discouraged with setbacks!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 8:54 pm 

Site Rank: Moderator

Post subject: Re: Don't get discouraged with setbacks!

Post Posted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 12:36 pm 

One other think about setbacks... How do you talk to yourself when you have a setback? I used to find myself getting down on me for being lazy or being sore and not wanting to workout.

Do you have somebody you looked up to growing up or now? Imagine if they saw you having a setback... would they get down on you or would they be encouraging and supportive?

Why should you value yourself any less than somebody you look up to?

Try to think positive when internalizing your setbacks! Know yourself, know you will get back as soon as you can and don't get down on yourself!

Sort by  

Page 1 of 1  [2 posts]