Cheese Soup with Chicken and Spinach
 Page 1 of 1  [3 posts]   

Site Rank: Moderator

Post subject: Cheese Soup with Chicken and Spinach

Post Posted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 1:48 am 

My mom had some sort of procedure done yesterday where they shove a tube down her throat and the doctors told her not to cook or do anything of the sort afterwards so I cooked dinner for her. The problem was I'd been awake for 24 hours by the time 4PM came around and I didn't have any familiar meals staring me in the face as far as ingredients go.

So, I tossed the few pieces of frozen boneless chicken breasts she had in a pot with a little water, covered it, and turned it on medium while I tried to find something to do with the chicken.

There were some jalapeƱo pepper slices in the fridge, and some kind of spicy chicken stir-fry sounded good, but it probably wasn't such a good idea for mom since she just had a tube shoved down her throat. So the peppers were out.

There were a few various frozen vegetables in the freezer, mostly bags of things like corn, lima beans, and mixed vegetables with one serving left. There was also a block of frozen spinach. Spinach is one of moms favorites, so I figured I couldn't go wrong with tossing a block of frozen spinach in with the chicken once the chicken was cooked all the way through and cut into bite sized chunks.

So now I have a pot with chicken chunks and spinach cooking away on medium-low heat and I stat looking around for broths and whatnot. All I could find was a box of Wisconsin Cheddar Cheese Soup in the fridge, so I tossed that in, then let the three ingredients cook on medium heat for about 15 minutes.

It actually turned out really good. I didn't add any spices or anything, the ingredients each had their own flavor and the boxed cheese soup had plenty of sodium (35% of daily value) in it. If I can find a cheese soup with less sodium in it, I'd like to make this again. :D

Healthy

Sponsored Ad

Post subject: Cheese Soup with Chicken and Spinach

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 1:48 am 

Site Rank: Site Admin

Site Admin

Post subject: Re: Cheese Soup with Chicken and Spinach

Post Posted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 2:45 pm 

Sounds really good! How'd your mom like it?

Site Rank: Moderator

Post subject: Re: Cheese Soup with Chicken and Spinach

Post Posted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 2:51 pm 

It's tough to tell, she's my mom, and moms are good at feigning interest.

Sort by  

Page 1 of 1  [3 posts]