Please read it and become familiar with it, as by posting anywhere on this board you agree to it. If a rule is broken you shall be warned and your post / options may be modified.
1. Forum Rules
- Posts are to be made in the relevant forum. Users are asked to read the forum descriptions before posting. Users consistently posting to the wrong forum may be given a warning (see policing below).
- Members should post in a way that is respectful of other users. Flaming or abusing users in any way will not be tolerated and will lead to a warning.
- Members are asked to respect the copyright of other users, sites, media, etc. Users linking to or asking for information on warez, crackz, etc. or re-printing material without permission will receive a warning and their post will be removed. The definition of cracks also includes, but is not limited to, threads or links pertaining to the subject of circumventing any security or privacy measures intentionally placed by manufacturers in their hardware and/or software.
- Members should post in a way which is consistent with "normal writing". That is users should not post excessive numbers of emoticons, large, small or coloured text, etc. Similarly users should not SHOUT or use excessive punctuation (e.g. ! and ?) in topic titles or posts. Finally chatspeak is NOT allowed (e.g. i wan dat, plz fone me). Users consistently abusing this will be warned.
- Members should use an appropriate, descriptive title when posting a new topic. Examples of bad titles include; "Help me!", "Look!", "Check it out!", etc. Examples of good titles include; "Mountain Biking Trails", "Back Pain Advice", etc.
- Members are welcome to use the test forum for general "test purposes". These may include checking signatures, testing a link or image, etc. (subject to previous points on decency, warez, etc.). Users posting in the test forum just to increase their post counts will be warned.
- Spam is not tolerated here in most circumstances. Users posting spam will be warned and their post removed. See specific item on spam and 3rd party linking for more information.
- Members are not to post link exchange threads. Requests for link exchanges will be removed without notification to the poster.
- The moderating, support and other teams reserve the right to edit or remove any post at any time. The determination of what is construed as indecent, vulgar, spam, etc. as noted in these points is up to Team Members and not users.
- The above forum rules where applicable also apply to private messaging. Abuse of the private messaging system may lead to warnings (as above) and/or the revocation of private messaging.
- Cookie stuffing will not be tolerated. Cookie stuffing or cookie dropping is a technique used to generate fraudulent affiliate sales. It involves placing an affiliate tracking cookie on a website visitor's computer without their knowledge, which will then generate revenue for the person doing the cookie stuffing. This can be done with an image or any other type of multimedia in a post that doesn't point to an actual image or media, but instead points to an affiliate link. Anybody caught cookie stuffing will be banned without warning.
- Signatures may contain up to three lines (one line being that displayed on a browser opened to 800px width) of text (of small or normal size) and/or possibly one image (read farther for specifics), valid combinations include; a single image of no more than 100px high, 468px wide and 8KB in size. Signatures containing an image of 60px high or less may also include one line of small size text. Signatures containing an image of 15px high or less may include two lines of small size text. Any signature can contain a maximum of only 2 URLs. However, any URL listed in the signature will not contain a link -- it will stay as text.
- Text in signatures is subject to the same conditions as posts with respect decency, warez, emoticons, etc.
- URLs are permitted in signatures. Such URLs may be made to non-healthypals material, commercial ventures, etc. URLs are included within the text and image limits above. Links to offensive sites may be subject to removal.
- Users abusing these rules will be warned.
- Users are permitted to utilise a gallery avatar or to upload one of their own. User defined avatars are to be no larger than 120 pixels by 120 pixels, contain no image which attempts to portray the user as having an official status here (e.g. mimicking ranks or copying avatars of team members), and may not exceed 7KB in filesize.
- Avatars are subject to the same conditions as posts with respect decency, etc.
- Users abusing these rules will be warned and/or may lose their avatar privileges.
4. Inline Images
- Do not post any inline images larger than 600px wide
- Keep file sizes for inline images under 300 KB, otherwise use an external link
- Inline images are subject to the same conditions as posts with respect decency, etc.
- Users abusing these rules will be warned with posts potentially edited or removed
- Healthy Pals operates a three strike policy. Users will be warned a maximum of three times for any and all offences in a three month period. If the need arises for a fourth warning a temporary ban will be put in place of between 1 to 7 days.
- Arguing with team members (moderators) after having received a warning will lead to an immediate additional warning. Should this exceed three strikes a temporary ban will be put in place as above.
- Users who feel they have been unfairly warned are welcome to contact any Global Moderator ( http://www.healthypals.com/global-moderators-g4.html ). If they feel you were treated badly they may remove a warning. Their decision is final. Contacting Global moderators over warning matters should be done so as a very last resort... they do not want to be bothered unless vital.
- Any attempt to circumvent a temporary ban will lead to that ban being made permanent. Circumvention includes re-registering under a non-banned username, changing IP addresses to evade an IP ban, registering a new email account of evade an email ban. Circumvention includes posting as an anonymous user.
- An exception to the three strike rule applies when users contact team members (moderators) personally (via any method) and post insulting, indecent or vulgar material. Such users may be subject to an immediate permanent ban.
- Permanent bans are a last resort and thought is given before implementing them. While Healthy Pals may consider lifting permanent bans from time to time this is a rare occurence.
Last Updated: Tuesday, October 6, 2009
We reserve the right to modify these at any time.