"The Biggest Loser" Does anybody watch it???
 Page 2 of 5  [61 posts]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next 

Site Rank: Moderator

Post subject: Re: "The Biggest Loser" Does anybody watch it???

Post Posted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 12:17 pm 

I really, really like the brown team... For some reason I think they are going to be going home this week... I would rather see them on the show than the orange team! I bet the son on the brown team will be the person who loses the most weight after being eliminated!

Healthy

Sponsored Ad

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 12:17 pm 

Site Rank: Healthy Friend

Healthy Friend

Post Posted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 2:29 pm 

I must say I'm not sure I'm looking forward to this week, with the brown and orange teams apparently on the chopping block together. Joelle should have gone last week!!!

As a side note, Jillian is on the Rachel Ray show this afternoon! I programmed the VCR (yeah, people still own those) because I'm being good and will be at the gym when it's on.

Site Rank: Site Admin

Site Admin

Post Posted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 3:26 pm 

I can't believe Orange was voted off! More-so, I can't believe how Dan's partner was talking. He needed to be at the ranch more than anybody, and he didn't even want to be. He was talking about how it's doable to lose the weight at home, but every time they filmed him at home he was eating junk food, smoking, or not sticking to the healthy foods! Dan did show a lot of improvement when they showed what he looks like now though!

Ducky - I can't believe you still record things on a VCR! I didn't know people still did that! How was the show you recorded?

Healthy Friend

Post Posted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 3:38 pm 

I kind of wish they could have sent David (the orange partner) and the brown team dad home and kept the two boys as a new team. Good on Dan for doing well at home, though!

It was good (and yes, VCRs still exist, since I can't afford tivo at the moment) ... apparently Rachel and Jillian are good friends, so half of it was funny little jokes and half of it was Jillian giving tips. I didn't really learn much from it, though, other than that I love Jillian even more than I already did (she cracks me up).

Post Posted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 10:41 am 

I am so glad the Brown team is still on... I think they could go all the way... maybe this scared them into doing what you need to do every week! I liked the idea of the Orange team but really I think you just needed to plant the seed with Dan's partner... I don't think he was ready to fully commit. I think the brown team is fully committed.

Now we'll see if the other woman on the silver team is all talk or if she is really the same as the other silver team member!

I am also now rooting for the Blue team... I like the passion!

Site Admin

Post Posted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 10:44 am 

Carla! She has a lot to say! So yeah, now we'll see if her actions can back up her words!

Site Rank: Healthy Associate

Healthy Associate

Post Posted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 2:23 pm 

So I thought that Bob's team had fewer people and the brown team would be voted off. Jerry and Damien were voted off so shouldn't that mean there was an even amout of people for each team. No the pink team got to choose whos team they wanted to be on at the end, nevermind. That is why Bob's team had the advantage this week. Now Juillian's team is hurting. They better not be falling under the yellow line this week!

I can't wait for Carla to get back into the show. I bet she is going to represent and serve some people on that show. I hope she is not all talk though, I guess we'll see this week!

Site Admin

Post Posted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 9:34 am 

Did anybody watch the show last night? I was watching it and by around 9:30, I had to quit because I hadn't eaten dinner yet and I was starving! So who got kicked off? I knew that the silver team was for sure up for elimination, but the purple team still had to weigh in. Was it the purple team or the brown team who accompanied the silver team in the bottom 2? Who got voted out?

I feel bad for Carla. She wants to be at the ranch soooo bad, but Joelle doesn't even try!

Site Admin

Post Posted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 2:03 pm 

It was the brown team vs. the silver team and the silver team got voted out! Carla and Joelle's friendship is ruined and they are not talking anymore!

Site Rank: Healthy Associate

Healthy Associate

Post Posted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 11:27 am 

That is a crying shame too! Carla Kicked butt. I bet they voted off the Silver team beause they were afraid of what Carla could do. Never underestimate the power of a black woman when she's made her mind up! I bet you she will be the biggest loser of all of them at the end of the show! I just hate to see a friendship ruined because of it. Some people just aren't ready to lose weight and there is nothing you can say or do to them to change their mind. I know, I was there a few years ago. It wasn't until a month ago that I started seeing how it affected me and my family; and once I realized how bad it was, I didn't know where to go from there. Now I feel like I am making progress and have built a support system, and I think that is making a huge difference. I am down 19 lbs. from 5 1/2 weeks ago, my wife is down 9 lbs. We are doing it together!

Post Posted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 11:09 am 

I think it will be tough for Carla to win out becuase she was only at the ranch for a little time. I am afraid she might fall into her old routine. It is sad however that the silver team isn't friends anymore. I think Carla wasn't as supportive to Joelle because she had to have known Joelle is not the most focused person.

Site Admin

Post Posted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 5:33 pm 

Ha! For you guys who liked Bob's freak out towards Joelle when she wouldn't finish the 30 seconds on the treadmill, I found the video on YouTube so you can watch it over and over again to keep you encouraged!!! Enjoy!

Post Posted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 1:41 pm 

I was gone in Houston for a week... 2 tuesdays ago and came back this past tuesday... I finally got caught back up on my BL! Wow... talk about a total 180 degrees... Before Bob had the dominant team... now Jillian has the stacked team! I bet Bob is pissed!!! The one strong person they had on the team was Dane and now he's off!

I bet Bob is going to freak when he sees who is not there next week... A couple weeks he told them to vote Dane off... last week he was probably thinking whoever you vote off... don't let it be Dane! The Black team is in the driver's seat now. I don't see them turning back either. Next to go... one of the former yellow team... I think Game play is going to be big from here on out... I think Dan and the Former purple team have an alliance to not vote each other off.

Tara is really impressing me but she will be the first one off the black team as soon as she is up for elimination... biggest threat and former Bob team members out-number her on the new team. She has got to be sweating bullets!

Healthy Friend

Post Posted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 6:43 am 

Surprisingly, this season has been less about game play than any other, in my opinion. And you'd think, with so many big people this time who have so much weight to lose, they'd send more of them home! For some reason, it almost seems to me like this season, they've all bonded as one big group, and they're sending people home without regard to the game at all!

Personally, based on who's left, I'm pulling for Mike of the (formerly) brown team. He really needs this. And I really like his dad, but with his injuries, I know there's no way he'll win. Oh, and I really like the (formerly) blue team, too. They're spunky!!

*sigh* I love this show. I've been a faithful watcher since season 2. And will be always. :D

Site Admin

Post Posted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 9:07 am 

I've been watching this show since the first season! It's one of my favorites too.

Yeah, I agree that it has been way less about game play this season. Whenver it comes time to vote somebody off, they always discuss who can do it better at home or who needs it more. In the past, they always voted off whoever was the biggest threat first. It's good to see that they all care about each other though.

I was pulling for Dan from the orange team, but with him gone, I think brown Mike is my favorite now.

Anonymous

Sponsored Ad

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 9:07 am 

Sort by  

Page 2 of 5  [61 posts] 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next