Dropping the potbelly
 Page 4 of 6  [80 posts]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next 

Site Rank: Moderator

Post subject: Re: Dropping the potbelly

Post Posted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 3:25 pm 

Day #36: I was up and moving around at 4 AM, but ended up going back to bed until noon because I was in a really bad mood. Made it to the Y about 3 PM.

Beat yesterday's calorie record on the bike today. Up from 229 to 241 in 20 minutes, with a distance of 6.67 miles.
7 minutes on obliques
8 minutes on stomach crunches
5 minutes on the upper body machine

I lost track of how long I was in the steam room today, must have been 15-20 minutes. It was especially nice in there today.
I spent a little less than 10 minutes in the sauna, I was kind of wishing I had a water soaked hand towel to wrap around my head in there today.

I went through 2 bottles of water today. I needed to buy something to get cash/quarters back on the way home, so I ended up trying a zero calorie <1g of sugar lemonade that was chalked full of vitamins and pretty good.

Healthy

Sponsored Ad

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 3:25 pm 

Post Posted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 2:50 pm 

Day #37: Got in around 3 PM today. Had to walk there in light rain (w/umbrella), thankfully it stopped before I went home though. I didn't get any cramps in my shins walking to or from the Y today. :D

20 minutes on the bike, almost tied yesterdays calorie mark with 240 instead of 241.
5 minutes on the arm wrestling machine
5 minutes on the bicep machine
6 minutes on the oblique machine, gradually adding 5 lbs every couple of minutes
8 minutes on the stomach crunch machine
10 minutes in the steam
10 minutes in the sauna

Having tacos for dinner tonight. I made a few peanut butter filled celery stalks before I left today, so I'm looking forward to those. I also just realized that I'm out of granola bars, and I can't help but wonder if it's going to rain every time I run out of those. :tear:

Post Posted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 5:01 pm 

Day #40: Went in for the steam/sauna on Saturday, stayed home Sunday. Made it in around 4:30 PM today. I'm having a tough time getting back on that going in at 5-6 AM schedule after my camping trip.

Stuck with the same routine I've been doing for the last few times. I dialed my bike resistience and machine weights back a little today though. I was tired when I left today. I really got a good workout with my stomach.

Spent 20 minutes in the steam today with a break to rinse off half-way through. The sauna was closed today for repairs. :(

Post Posted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 2:53 pm 

Day #41: I don't know what my deal was today, but I just wasn't feeling it. I feel almost sick with my lack of energy, but I don't have a headache, sore throat, or anything of that nature. I did feel a little disoriented on my way home, but I think that was all in my mind because I feel fine now.

I did have a good 20 minutes on the bike today though, a new record of 255 calories in 20 minutes today. :D

Other than the bike I made it through 7 minutes on the oblique machine and 2-3 minutes on the upper body machine before I was just done, and headed to the showers. I spent maybe 5 minutes, if that, in the steam today.

Thankfully my apartment lease appointment was moved from tomorrow to the 15th of February, because I have an ominous feeling that I'm not going to want to get out of bed tomorrow.

Post Posted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 3:33 pm 

Day #42: Stepped on the scale before going in today and I've lost another 5 lbs, for a total of 15 lbs gone since I started. I had two granola bars (smaller than my usuals) and an apple sauce cup before going in today. Went in around 3 PM. Felt great the whole time I was there. :D

The bikes I usually ride were all full today so I tried one of the bikes where you sit up high and peddle below you rather than sitting back and peddling with your legs out in front of you. I spent 12 minutes on the bike today, just enough to get warmed up. I'm not too fond of this type of bike.

The time on machines today just seemed to whizz on by. My timer kept going off before I expected it to.

5 minutes on the upper body machine (bumped the weight up on this today)
2-3 minutes on an upright bench press sort of machine (I can't seem to get this one to work the chest muscles, my biceps get tired before I feel anything in my chest)
7 minutes on the oblique machine
8 minutes on the stomach crunch machine

5-10 minutes in the steam room today. I've kind of quit timing myself in that room, and just leave when I feel like I should. Sauna was fixed today, I ended up spending 25 minutes in there. (10 minutes, then 5 minutes to rinse off and refill water bottle, then 15 minutes)

I'm pretty hungry right now. :D

Post Posted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 7:46 pm 

Day #43: Went in around 4 PM. Had to make some phone calls today and got in later than I wanted to.

20 minutes on the bike
7 minutes on oblique machine
8 minutes on stomach crunch machine
5 minutes on the back machine

5-10 minutes in the steam, 10-15 minutes in the sauna.

Post Posted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 7:00 pm 

Day #44: Went in about 6-6:30 today.

Today was another slow day workout-wise. I did beat my calories on the bike again today though, 259 in 20 minutes. I had my RPMs up between 135-140 for the last 10 seconds or so of low resistance trying to break that 260 mark when I realized how close I was.

I stopped on the oblique machine after 3 and a half minutes today because I started to get a little pain around the lower part of my spine. I got a little worked up on that machine because the woman on the machine right behind me was hot. :lol:
The only other machine I used today was the bicep machine and I did 5 minutes there.

Spent 5-10 minutes in the steam, and another 15 in the sauna. The max temp in the sauna definitely got dialed back a little bit. It doesn't get blistering hot in there anymore, maybe 180-ish F whereas before it was usually sitting at 200F and getting to 220F.

A guy came into the steam room today that was a good 400 lbs. This guy was HUGE. Apparently he was over 800 lbs awhile ago though. He got some sort of surgery done and has been losing weight ever since. I usually get uncomfortable around heavy people because a lot of times they just try to cover up their weight instead of doing something about it. That wasn't the case at all with this guy though, I really believe he's going to achieve whatever goal he's set for himself. He was pretty inspiring.

Site Rank: Site Admin

Site Admin

Post Posted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 1:56 pm 

Congrats on losing 15 pounds already! That is great. I can't believe it has been 44 days already of working out for you! I feel like you just started this thread. Good job sticking with it!

Post Posted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 3:10 pm 

I was a little worried when my bike crapped out on me, luckily I'd been going for a few weeks before that happened though so it hasn't been that bad. I just bought another bike today from Walmart to get around (attached pic) though so I don't have to walk anymore. :D

Starting Monday I might not go in every day for a week or two. I decided I need to get out more often so I reached out to a buddy who works with security systems and it just so happens that they needed to hire someone before the weekend, so I start a new job Monday at 7:30 AM. :) I definitely won't be going to the Y at 5AM anymore because of my commute, but I may get done and home every day to make it in before the Y closes, especially since the Y closes at 10 PM.

Attachments:
0001675192656_500X500.jpg
0001675192656_500X500.jpg [ 47.32 KiB | Viewed 506 times ]

Post Posted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 3:26 am 

Is that a Hybrid? Looks a decent bike. I have a cheapie mountain bike fitted with road tyres as my runaround, though I don't use it very much, I must admit.

I'm hoping when the weather gets a bit warmer (and the country roads are a bit lighter and safer) to maybe ride to work once or twice a week.

Post Posted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 4:06 am 

It's a little rougher going over bumps, but it's a lot easier to ride around town than my mountain bike with street tires was. The bag-o-papers hanging from it says it's designed for street riding, light trails, etc. It's a little lighter, it's only got 7 gears VS I believe 20 something which simplifies things. Best $100 I've spent this year so far, much happier with this bike than my last.

Post Posted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 8:26 pm 

Day #49: Missed Monday since I started a new job that day on no sleep. (8-4 hours, I have to get up at 5AM to get on the bus and don't get home until around 6PM) I went in just long enough on Tuesday to spend 8 minutes on stomach crunches and 7 minutes on obliques before spending 5 and 10 minutes in the steam and sauna. Missed today as well as I decided to ride to the grocery store and get lunches instead of going to the Y.

I'm kind of paying attention to which muscles I use the most at work so I can lay off of working those out at the Y. So far that seems to be my shoulders all around.

Post Posted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 7:58 pm 

Day #50: Spent 20 minutes on a bike, 8 minutes on stomach crunches, 5 in the steam room, and 10 in the sauna today.

Site Rank: Site Admin

Site Admin

Post Posted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 11:58 am 

How's the working out been going since the start of your new job?

Post Posted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 4:37 pm 

I haven't been going lately. I went one day and overworked my legs, then paid for it the next day so I've been a little scared to work out. I went into the sauna and steam last time I was there, I plan on doing some ab work, steam, and sauna tonight before riding to the grocery store to get lunch stuff and some time on my bike.

Once I get my drivers license back it will be a lot easier to get to the Y and I can start going in for about an hour in the mornings. At the moment I spend almost 4 hours a day on city buses though.

The good news is that I've lost another 5 lbs and that probably has a bit to do with my new diet. I eat what I was eating before going to the YMCA (1-2 granola bars, apple sauce cup, sometimes a banana/yogurt) before I go to work now and when I'm at work I've been eating home made turkey subs with a LOT of vegetables on them, an apple, and a Sobe water. (good stuff and they were on sale at the grocery store) An awesome thing is that most of the people I work with eat salads/etc for lunch every day so it's a good atmosphere. :D

Anonymous

Sponsored Ad

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 4:37 pm 

Sort by  

Page 4 of 6  [80 posts] 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next